Dr Nokubonga Khoza is a Durban based Specialist Dermatologist in private practice specializing simply in healthy looking skin, hair and nails.
Dr Khoza graduated from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine in 2003 and obtained her Fellowship from the College of Dermatologists of South Africa in 2011.
She is an Executive Committee member of the Dermatology Society of South Africa (DSSA) and inaugural Secretary of the African Women’s Dermatologic Society (AWDS). A past EXCO member of South African Society of Dermatologic Surgery (SASDS) and inaugural advisory committee member of the South African Epidermolysis Bullosa Interest Group (SAEBIG)
An honorary Consultant and Lecturer at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, Dr Khoza is committed to contributing to the field of dermatology through teaching the nursing community, medical students and dermatology registrars.
She has worked and trained under the best in dermatology and published articles in peer-review journals as well as contributed chapters in dermatology textbooks on permanent hairloss, melasma, pigmentation, skin lighteners, skin infections and autoimmune bullous disease.
She travels extensively attending international conferences and meetings so as to bring the latest and scientifically proven global trends and innovations to her Durban patients.
Awards and accolades:
• Janssen - Foundation Research Award Medal from the College of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA). Part 1 Examination – Cum Laude. Awarded to graduate with outstanding academic excellence.
• She was the inaugural recipient of "L’Oréal African Hair and Skin Research Grant' in the African continent
• UKZN CHS Masters and Doctoral Scholarship,2014
• The International Society of Dermatology Global Scholarship Award, 2013
• African Women’s Dermatologic Society (AWDS) 2017. Certificate of Appreciation for her commitment and contribution to dermatology.
Taking care of your skin by consulting your dermatologist online is safe, secure and convenient. While most conditions can be identified using photos, a few conditions require a dermatologist to examine it in a more detail.
In such a case, your dermatologist might request you to come in to their practice or do a video call with them. Your dermatologist will notify you via SMS and you'll have the opportunity to book a date and time with them.
If you'd like to find our more, please feel free to contact us using email, WhatsApp or by phone.